This week will probably be the most successful week of my journey. I weighed in today at 190, losing a total of 5 pounds. I know that this is mostly water weight and my body adjusting to the new way of eating, but it's still pretty exciting!
It's been going really good. The biggest help for me (other than the appetite suppressant), is the fact that my husband is doing this with me. He signed up with 'Lose It!' and is keeping track of his calories too. I don't feel like I'm doing this all alone and it's fun to have him to talk about calories and hunger, etc. We've been paying attention to portion control - it's amazing what a serving size actually is! And we've been taking advantage of how filling low-cal veggies are - you can eat a whole lot of broccoli or carrots for under a 100 calories!
I didn't do as well with exercise. My walking partner - Eva the dog - had surgery Monday, so she hasn't been up to walking. AND, I felt guilty about leaving her to walk on my own. {Probably an excuse, huh? I'm the queen of excuses!} I'll try again next week.
This weekend will be a bit of challenge. We're going to my sis-in-laws for a cook out on Saturday and having a big Easter dinner Sunday. I'm actually going to bring a veggie burger and fat free chips for myself on Saturday. This should help me avoid the temptations there. For Sunday, I'm going to stick with portion control, but I have a feeling I may still go over calorie wise. I think for a special occasion I can make an exception. Maybe I'll try to take a nice brisk walk in the morning, so it won't be so bad.
How do you stay on track at get togethers or special events?

Good for you....even though the first week is always a nice drop, it is still motivating and I am sure you can feel a difference!!!
ReplyDeleteI am never going to be a big fan of "diet" food. And if Dalton and I eat at home, we are really behaving...it doesn't happen lots!! So my total focus is portions. I still eat things I enjoy, but less of it...when we go to Olive Garden, for example, we split a dinner. We used to think we could never do that because we were way too hungry, but realized it is plenty of food and now we don't leave a restaurant miserably stuffed. This week at Outback, I ordered a small appetizer for dinner (to help offset the beer too, lol) and going for Mexican is easiest, just order one taco or one quesadilla and put a few chips on your plate and that is it. Sorry for going on and on, but this has been one of the biggest helps for me for helping with weight loss...I LOVE to eat, and I had to find a way to eat what I love and still be able to love myself....=)
EXCELLENT JOB!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!! Joyce I am proud of you!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt is sooo hard to stay on track for big meals. I think the walk in the morning will help. Also a splurge every week isn't that bad...just don't over do it like I do so many times!!
You are inspiring me to stay on track!!