Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday Confessional

I mentioned in my last post that I was going to be bad over Memorial Day weekend and OH BOY, I wasn't kidding!

One of the restaurants where I let loose!

I had schnitzel (if you don't know, it's breaded and fried pork drowning in gravy), beer, brisket, more beer, pizza, wine, pasta, MORE wine, pastries ... I could go on and on. All I'm going to say is that this was all planned. My hubby and I had been planning our getaway for months, so I already knew that I was going to take a vacation from the diet too.

One positive, we walked A LOT! Not power walking or anything like that, but hours of walking through stores and a garden festival.

Garden Festival in Hendersonville, NC

I think I would have been a lot worse off had it not been for all of this walking. And so far, according to the scale, I haven't gained any weight. But I'm not optimistic that I'll loose anything come Friday. I'm fine with that.

I know that it's probably not popular with weight lost experts/gurus, but I think that everyone needs a break from the strict calorie counting and restrictions that's required to lose weight. And I feel that I've come far enough that it isn't hard to get back on track (which I've done, starting Monday afternoon).  But is all up to individual choice.

How did you do over the long weekend? And what do you think about taking a short 'diet' break?



1 comment:

  1. I agree about that it should be a break my dear! You only live once and what's the point of not indulging now and then? and I've never had schnitzel, but it sounds good!
    I need to start walking myself. you've inspired me with your candid blog...to do something about my own weight struggle.
    Thank you!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete