I'm steadily moving downward on the scale, averaging now about 1 1/2 pounds per week. It's becoming VERY clear to me that I need to get a serious excercise routine down. Luckily for me, my husband is helping somewhat with that ...
He started searching online for outdoor activites that couples and families could do together. And what he discovered was something called GeoCaching. If you haven't heard of it (which I had not), it's like treasure hunting, on park trails, with hand held GPS systems. This meant that he got to buy a new toy and I would get some weekend exercise - and BONUS - we'd get to spend some quality time together. Win win!
Hubster with new toy
It turned out to be loads of fun! And it didn't seem like exercise at all (except day 1 we had a slight hiccup with how to enter coordinates, which delayed part of our journey an hour and into the hot SC afternoon in which we climbed up hill in 95 degree weather. THOUGHT. I. WOULD. DIE).
So, this is our new thing. Over the weekend we got in around 45 minutes of hiking each day (his little device keeps track of how much 'actual' walking we do and the pace - pretty cool).
Now, if I could only get some walking in during the week!
So, this is our new thing. Over the weekend we got in around 45 minutes of hiking each day (his little device keeps track of how much 'actual' walking we do and the pace - pretty cool).
Now, if I could only get some walking in during the week!
What fun! Technology makes this so cool!
ReplyDelete